Close Recently added item(s)
You have no items in your shopping cart.
2022 DATES ARE HERE!
- February 22-24
- April 19-21** (In Spanish)
- June 28 - 30
- August 16 - 18
- October 4 - 6
Classes are held Tuesday through Thursday
Join us to learn the latest step-by-step meat processing techniques for adding value to your current products, adding new products, and maximizing the productivity of your processing facility. Alternating between the classroom and our fully equipped pilot plant, you’ll receive personalized training from our professional instructors and hands-on experience while producing sausages, hams, and whole muscle meats, including but not limited to:
• Smoked and Fresh Sausages
• Bone-In and Boneless Hams
• Snack Sticks
• Roast Beef
• Bologna and Hot Dogs
Test Kitchen Activities
• Learn proper techniques to extract higher percentages of available protein for better bite and yield
• Learn to control temperature during emulsifying
• Learn to calculate pump percentages
Using a Vacuum Stuffer
• Learn to link natural, collagen, and cellulose casings
• Learn proper techniques for increasing linking and portioning accuracy
• Learn the benefits of vacuum stuffing and linking versus other industry methods
Using a Brine Injector
• Learn to prepare and properly utilize brine and functional ingredients
• Learn about green weight, injection percentages, and yield effects
• Learn about curing times, holding times, and brine temperatures
Using a Smokehouse
• Learn to program a cook cycle through understanding the principles of the product being thermally processed
• Learn about using relative humidity to increase cooking efficiency
• Learn new drying techniques
Using a Vacuum Tumbler
• Learn to extract proteins and use them as binders for restructured and section-and-formed products
• Learn to greatly reduce cure migration time
• Learn how to vacuum marinate several products at one time with different flavor profiles
• Learn what products can be produced in a vacuum tumbler without the need of other support equipment
If you have any questions, give us a call at 800.777.5624 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to download the UltraSource Academy Brochure.
Click here to download the UltraSource Academy Registration form.